Our new protocol to protect you
by your Dentist IN Roseville, CA
At Sierra Gate Family Dental, we are proud to inform you of the steps we took to make sure all of our patients are protected against COVID-19. Our patient safety comes first. There are a couple COVID-19 Precautions in place which we will cover it in this page. Please make sure to watch the provided video about what to expect when you arrive at our office.
Here is the list of what to expect when you come to our office with the new protocol:
BEFORE your appointment:
Our front office team will call a week before your appointment to go over a Covid-19 questioner, to ensure each patient has no symptoms before entering the office.
DAY OF your appointment (please maintain 6′ social distance):
Step 1: A virtual Waiting room is available for those who are at high risk, by waiting in your car and calling us upon arrival
Step 2: Sanitize your hands upon entry
Step 3: Your temperature will be taken upon entering our office
Step 4: The front desk team will administer an in office Covid-19 Questionnaire screening
AFTER your appointment:
Our front office team will administer a final 14 day post appointment Covid-19 Questionnaire to help the tracing protocol and to ensure each patient has no symptoms after leaving our office.
Our Precautions to protect you and our team from covid-19:
New Personal Protection Equipment
We follow OSHA’s Protocols against COVID-19 in order to protect our patients, all of our licensed team members will be equipped with the following PPE protocol when you receive treatment:
- Disposable gowns
- A surgical mask on top of our N95 mask, these surgical masks will be changed after every patient.
- Goggles or Loups
- Surgical cap
- Face shield
Treatment rooms are Isolated with Zipwalls
Each room is isolated with Zipwall. This allows us to prevent and to take control of the aerosol generating procedures and keep it from spreading anywhere else in the office. Upon completion of all patient interactions total sanitation of the room takes place.
HOCL Makes Quick Work of COVID-19
HOCL is the scientific formula for hypochlorous acid, a weak acid similar to that of a mild citrus juice and is made naturally by white blood cells in all mammals for healing and protection.
HOCL is recommended and mentioned in List N, disinfectant for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). The single most important feature of hypochlorous acid is that it is unusually efficient in eliminating viruses. Research at a FDA‐approved lab proved that electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid can kill norovirus in less than one minute at 50 ppm.
National and international reference laboratories have proven that HOCL works very well against viruses, including norovirus and human coronaviruses. One study is of particular interest: in 2016, researchers at the University of Washington School of Public Health found that HOCL was more than 99.999 percent effective in eliminating coronavirus OC43, which is similar to COVID-19.
With modern technology, HOCL can be generated in unlimited quantities using only electricity, table salt and water, and EcoloxTech makes equipment for customers to do it themselves and it is FDA‐cleared for washing fish and seafood, fruits and vegetables and sanitation of food prep surfaces without rinsing (use at home to wash all your vegetables and fruit).
HOCl is intrinsically safe, as it is non‐irritant and the human body produces the same molecule for self‐defense. In fact, it is so safe to inhale that it is being evaluated as a treatment for throat and lung infections.
At Sierra Gate Family Dental, we believe that the COVID‐19 health challenge calls for expanded sanitizing protocols. Electrolyzed water ‐ also known as hypochlorous acid (HOCl) ‐ is a highly effective and intrinsically safe
sanitizing agent, and it can be generated in unlimited quantities with technology recently purchased from the Miami‐based manufacturer EcoloxTech. We use 200 ppm concentration according to the manufacturer instructions. Following each patient, we utilize the fogger to sanitize each room. Thanks to Zipwalls, the fogged Hypochlorous acid can be contained to kill potential COVID-19 particulates followed by regular cleaning and disinfecting procedure.
At Sierra Gate Family Dental, we believe that the COVID‐19 health challenge calls for expanded sanitizing protocols. Help us to keep your mouth healthy.
At Sierra Gate Family Dental, we emphasize on creating a safe environment to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while we take care of your smile. Give us a call today at (916) 784-0900 to resume your oral care and cleanings.
COVID-19 Resources for Residents of Placer County:
Local Information and Updates for Placer County
- Placer County COVID-19 Page
- Free Covid Testing in Placer County
- Placer County: COVID-19 Updates
- California Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Updates
- State Financial Resources
Placer County Resources for Seniors
- Sierra Seniors: Local Meals on Wheels provider of meals to seniors in North Tahoe or Truckee
- Seniors First: Take- out meals for seniors
Resources for Businesses in Placer County
- Guidance and resources for businesses to reopen safely
- Sierra Business Development Center: No-cost webinars, capital access, and specialty programs for small business owners
- Placer County Business Advantage Network: No-cost hiring assistance to businesses and information regarding training and hiring opportunities to job seekers.
- US Small Business Administration: Offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: Aid for unemployed Californians who are business owners, self-employed, independent contractors, have limited work history, and others not usually eligible for regular state UI benefits who are out of business or services are significantly reduced due to COVID-19.
- CDC guidelines for businesses and employers for planning and responding to COVID-19
- UI Work Sharing Program: Benefits for employers and employees and how to apply
- Rapid Response Services: Help for businesses facing potential layoffs or closures
Resources for Workers in Placer County
- How to file a Disability Insurance Claim if unable to work because of or exposure toCOVID-19
- How to file a Paid Family Leave Claim if unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19
- How to file an Unemployment Insurance Claim if your child’s school is closed because of COVID-19 and you have to miss work
- How to file an Unemployment Insurance claim if your employer has shut down or reduced your work hours
- (PUA) – Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. Help for unemployed Californians who are business owners, self-employed, independent contractors or have limited work history, who are out of business or have reduced service hours because of COVID- 19
Legal Resources for Residents of Placer County
- Estate Planning in the Era of COVID-19
- California Child Support 101
- Self-Help Center: legal and procedural information and assistance from The Superior Court of California Placer County
- Spousal Support in California
Free Legal Answers program. Through this online platform, modest means clients (under 400% of the Federal Poverty Level) located in Northern California (Monterey and north) may ask volunteer attorneys legal questions having to do with the COVID-19 pandemic or wildfires. Individuals/clients interested in using this service should visit https://ca.freelegalanswers.org/. You can also click here to see an informational flyer about this program.
Videos: Family Law Concerns
General Information about Custody & Spousal Support
Child Support and Spousal Support
Custody & Support
Domestic Violence Protection During the Pandemic
Resources for Help with Utilities for Residents of Placer County
- SMUD: Energy Assistance Program
- Roseville – Electric Residential Relief Program
- Southwest Gas Response to COVID-19: Protective measures, financial assistance, and other FAQs
- PG&E – Customer support and financial assistance programs
- PCWA Water Supply and COVID-19 FAQs
On a Lighter Note
It can’t all be doom and gloom. Here are some resources for you and your family to make the most out of the situation.
- Free virtual school activities!
- Free online courses!
- Free opera!
- Online Learning and Activities for Everyone at Home
- The 75 Best Virtual Museum Tours Around the World