Night Guards save your smile
We provide custom fit Night Guards in Roseville, CA
Call us to find out about our Night GUard promotion!
$200 in September!
If you wake up with a sore jaw, a dull headache, tooth pain and sensitivity or even neck-ache you may want to ask us at Sierra Gate Family Dental if you are suffering from a condition called bruxism. If you do, Night guard might be an important step to take care of your teeth and smile.
Bruxism, Grinding or CLenching solution by your ROseville CA Dentist
What is Bruxism: Symptoms, Side Effects, Causes
- Teeth grinding and clenching, also known as Bruxism, is pretty common and can be painful and destructive to teeth. Bruxism is fairly common and some may not even be aware of their own grinding.
Some Bruxism symptoms you may suffer from are:
- Teeth grinding
- Waking up with dull headaches
- Jaw soreness
- Facial pain
- Fatigue from lack of sleep
Occasional teeth grinding may not cause any real concerns, but long-term, consistent Bruxism can lead to broken teeth, loss of tooth enamel, and many times it will end up with loss of teeth.
The exact cause is unknown, but it’s believed that stress and anxiety play the biggest role. Other causes may also be alcohol use, cigarettes, caffeine, sleep apnea, snoring, an abnormal bite, and crooked teeth
Night Guard Benefits?
People who grind their teeth at night or during the day can often benefit from wearing a dental night guard. Night guards are made out of a laminate or acrylic material that is flexible. Once in place, the night guard acts as a cushion, distributing the pressure from grinding and clenching away from the biting surface.
It also reduces friction which can break and chip teeth, crowns and laminate veneers. Accumulating pressures sometimes can lead to a tooth fracture and losing them.These benefits can help to minimize the risk of the teeth becoming damaged due to grinding and may ease symptoms of Bruxism. Check out Malcolm story to see how he fixed his worn down teeth and how happy he is.
Best Night Guard
In order for a dental night guard to work well, it must fit properly. We recommend custom made dental night guards. In order to make custom made night guards, the first step is getting an impression of your mouth. Your mouth models will be made and the vacuum formed night guard will be made on them. Night guard will be ready to be inserted in your mouth after finishing and polishing. You will receive instructions about how to properly prepare your night guard for use and clean them as well. When you’re not using your night guard, you’ll need to store it in a clean, dry area, out of reach of pets since they like to chew on your night guard and riut it. Night guards come with cases to storage. Cleaning your night guard regularly can help to extend its life and keep it hygienic. Your dental night guard will likely come with cleaning instructions for you to follow.
Other treatment for teeth grinding
If a night guard is not an option, other listed possible treatments can be helpful:
- Teeth straightening or Clear aligners: Teeth that are out of alignment–what dentists call malocclusion–can contribute to teeth grinding. This can be remedied by corrective measures such as braces.
- Full mouth make over: If teeth straightening or clear aligner therapy is not a good treatment option and you want a faster result with very nice and white teeth, Full Mouth Make Over can be a very good option. Check out Malcolm story to learn more about this treatment option.
- Stress prevention: One of the main causes of Bruxism is anxiety, so your dentist might advise you to utilize one or more at-home methods of relaxation, like meditation, or in some cases professional counseling, to get you to relax and stop clenching your jaw.
- Change of diet or medication: Your dentist might recommend avoiding stimulants, such as caffeine, to reduce teeth grinding. Certain medications, such as antidepressants, might also contribute to the issue, so make sure you tell your dentist about any medications you are taking so he can suggest an alternative if one is warranted.
Experience the Difference
The most important thing to know about Bruxism is that it can be treated with the help of a dentist, give us a call at (916) 784-0900, Sierra Gate Family Dental, Roseville CA Dentist to get help today to save your smile with a night guard and find out more about our night guard promotions!